I’m not an hoarder (makeup hoarding doesn’t count lol) but I have some areas of clutter that I want to get rid of. I always say I’m going to get to the bottom of it and it hardly ever happens. But I really want to make a change. I know it has to be done and I am going to try and commit to this more now than ever. I was speaking to friends of mine, who recommended I looked at something like keepsafe self storage, to help make de-cluttering a lot easier. There are times where I feel like I have ran out of space in the home, so I think this would be something worth checking out. Soon enough, I will have a clutter free home and I cannot wait. So I’ve decided to challenge myself! That’s right…A CHALLENGE!! For the month of March the word “later” or “tomorrow” will not be acceptable when it relates to clutter. I’m committing to decluttering a space for at least 30 minutes daily for the whole month of March. My friend told me that she did the same and decided to use a Garage rental in London to store her stuff so when she has time she can decide what she wants to keep and get rid of. Some areas may only need 30 minutes others will need longer, but I’m pacing myself so that I can be assured it’s going to get done.
Why only 30 minutes you ask? Well because to say an hour each day I will declutter would be an hard goal to accomplish. We all have busy lives and an hour is pretty long when you have more important things to do like cook, pick up the kids from school, work, and most importantly sleep. Now don’t get me wrong I know that I will have days where I’m cleaning and decluttering for longer then 30 minutes and that’s fine, but some days I will tap out at 30 minutes. If you use a service like Boombox Storage, this will cut down on time spent putting everything in storage as that is all taken care of and your belongings are meticulously sorted and organized so that they can be brought back to you where and when you need them.
Here are some of the areas I plan on working on:
1. The kitchen cabinets (my husband will be partnering with me on this since I’m short and can’t reach all the cabinets, plus he’s the cook of the house.)
2. My makeup collection (pray my strength in The Lord!)
3. Dereon’s room (targeting clothes that are too small, broken toys, books he no longer reads, etc.)
4. The master bedroom (targeting clothes that aren’t being worn, old stuff, old paper work, etc.)
5. Bathroom medicine cabinet/closet (removing old products, almost empty containers, beauty and skin items that we don’t use.)
I’m super excited to start this journey because a clutter free house has more peace and less chaos. Here are the rules:
1. I will “check in” on Facebook daily after I’ve done my 30 minutes of decluttering.
2. I have until midnight every day to get my 30 minutes complete.
3. I will do a weekly blog post on my progress and over all impression.
4. I will encourage others to join this challenge with me!! (Yes, you have some decluttering to do!)
You should join A Real Urban Mom On this 30 minute Decluttering Challenge for the month of March! You can “check in” on the Facebook page daily after completing your decluttering for the day and have an accountability partner (ME!) on this journey to a clutter free home and mind. If you are down for the cause let’s start this journey together!