Back to school time here in Chicago and all the parents are pretty excited! Summer came and went quickly and now Fall is staring us in the face. Dereon started school 2 weeks ago and it was all bliss until this past Monday when he started sneezing, coughing, and wiping his running nose. Sigh. I started to doctor him up immediately and in the process got myself sick. I started to feel real bad by Wednesday…Chance started to feel sick too. I’m still in the bed now trying to get to 100% before Monday. Chance is a fighter and he’s still getting into everything, but with a running nose and watery eyes. Dereon is feeling better since he has given his cooties to us. The husband has been working so hard he has kind of skipped the plague. Lol. Now that I look back at what I did wrong and I want to help you avoid the chaos a common cold can cause.
- Wash your hands and use hand sanitizer! Sounds easy I know, but we don’t wash our hands enough. We have to reinforce this on our kiddos as well because his is the main way we spread germs.
- Take your vitamins! I know that vitamins can get costly and sometimes people have different side effects, but I recommend finding a good multivitamin for you and the kiddos to help keep your immune system up.
- Get your rest! Sleep is important because it relates to immune system and it just helps your overall health. Getting 8-10 hours of sleep nightly may seem impossible, but if you put you phone down and turn Love and Hip Hop off and go to bed.
- Drink Orange Juice! Once I start feeling sick I instantly start downing orange juice. Vitamin C is jammed packed in orange juice which helps your body fight the cooties!
- Change your toothbrush! Your toothbrush is constantly collecting your germs every time you brush. When you use the same toothbrush you keep introducing those germs to your body so it’s hard to fight those nasty cold germs. Cop a new toothbrush and thank me later.
I hope these tips help you and your family stay cold free this Back to School season.